Monday, March 19, 2012

Half Way

I have now been in Lyon for a little over two months. While I have had such a great time and experienced so many things, I can't help but to feel a little sad as I now have less than two months left. I feel a mixture of feelings as I want to make the most of my time left in France. But, I don't want to go home, I don't want to leave.

There is still so much of Lyon that I have yet to see, as a jog around the town revealed to me last week. I ran wherever the road took me, got lost in a good way, and found some nice sights. I also visited Parc de la TĂȘte d'Or for the first time last Friday. It was a gorgeous sunny day and all of us IBPs decided to meet at the park. I was surprised to see that they had a zoo in the park. When you first walk in, you see a field of deer. They look as if they are separated from you by only two foot tall rocks. I wondered how the deer didn't just jump over the rocks and walk around freely. Then, as I got closer, I noticed that there is a ditch around the field that prevents the deer from jumping out, but the ditch is cleverly hidden from site unless you are right by it.

We had a great time at the park, just kickin it. My favorite part was that we played a game of football. Real football. I am so glad that Tyler brought a football with him from Canada....why didn't I think of that? Nothin like tossin the pigskin around, and yes, my team did win the game.

The next thing that I am looking toward is the Hunger Games which comes out on the 21st here, two days before the United States. I think this is the only movie that I have seen come out in France before the States, it is usually a two month difference. All my friends back home, be jealous, be very jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment